St. Charles Hills subdivision, St. Charles, MO
Agenda/News for Residents/Trustees Meeting 12/13/06
News from the Trustees of St. Charles Hills (S.C.H.) Subdivision
Bob Martin Chairman, Cathy Ganahl Secretary, Tom Wilkes Treasurer
S.C.H. Subdivision Meeting: December 13, 2006; 7:00 pm-9:00 pm Location: Jefferson Middle School- Cafeteria, Attendance of 146
Meeting agenda: Past due assessments; yard waste; violations; cleaning of the parks and common grounds; neighborhood watch; saint charles hills website; by-laws; open forum and adjournment
New Trustees are Bob Martin (Chairman at 143 votes); Cathy Ganahl (Secretary at 145 votes); Tom Wilkes (Treasurer at 141 votes) and Key Ray at 140 votes.
Speakers -Lt. Craig McGuire with Sheriff dept. and County Executive Steve Ehlmann
Concerns/questions addressed to Lt. McGuire:
More Sheriff patrol-A lot of speeding which in most cases would be the homeowners in the neighborhood.
Lot owners that rent their property need to take more responsibility.
Homeowners would like to meet more often. Quarterly was decided.
Would like to start up an neighborhood watch program. Started Nov 14th
All street lights are now functional. Let us know if any are covered by tree branches.
Dumping in the common grounds is not allowed and will no longer be tolerated.
Trailers parked in driveways in front of the house line is a violation.
Derelict vehicles must be removed.
Trash/rubbish under carport and in back yards. Clean up your property. You are lowering property value of our subdivision.
Playing baseball in any of the parks except Fleet Park is not allowed.
Read the Conditions and Restrictions and comply with them.
What have we accomplished so far:
- Started a Neighborhood Watch Program. Please participate Next meeting is January 17, 2007 with Animal Control.
- We have walked the commons area we tree companies and cleared some pathways ourselves. We hired a tree company to come in and clear out the trees that were a safety issue.
- We walked the common grounds with Highway Dept. and Community Development regarding the creek issues. They need to be cleaned up badly to eliminate the erosion problems and plant different plants.
- All street lights are now working.
- Met with an attorney on different issue with the by-laws
- Web-site has been established, www.saintcharleshills.org
- Meeting signs have been purchased to cut costs for mailing
- Inspected playground equipment and removed minor equipment. Damaged picnic tables still need to be removed.
- Received a permit for removing unwanted debris from Lyme Park
- Researching a recycling program for leaves, gumballs, and branches
- New insurance for the parks and trustees
- Assessments: Due by 1/31/07; If you do not pay for the year the fee goes from $50.00 to $220.00
- Liens: If you have not paid your assessment in the last 4 years expect a litigation plus fees which will be additional $1500.00 added to your other fees.
- Interested in a recycling program in the neighborhood?
- We need volunteers to help clean up the park and creek area on Lyme. We will probably start in late February.
- Too many violations in the subdivision. Most common are trash/rubbish; derelict vehicles; trailers, etc in driveways (other than operable vehicles); dumping in common grounds; home businesses
- Join in the neighborhood watch program.
- If By-laws are to be amended they would need to be on file with the County 5 years prior to taking effect and pass by 2/3 vote.
- Transfer Certificates of Deposit from First National Bank of St. Louis at 3-4% to New Frontier Bank of St. Charles at 5.6%. One at $36,000 and one at $16,000.
- Are you handicapped or elderly and need assistance or do you know someone that is.
- Use the website for information!! Any complaints should go to firstname.lastname@example.org
EVERYONE NEEDS TO PARTICIPATE IN ONE WAY OR THE OTHER
City & Village Tax Office 314 739 4800
County Highway Department 636 447 8818 (signage repair, street repair, snow removal, etc)
Humane & Environmental Services 636 332 3647 (stray pets, leash law)
County Code Enforcement 636 949 7346 (derelict vehicles, lawn-house-shed maintenance, trash refuge storage)
AmerenUE 800 555 7583 (street light maintenance)
County Sheriff 636 949 0809 Dispatcher 636 949 3000 in house officer ( noise complaint, speeding enforcement)
County Council 636 949 7530
If you have any complaints/comments please fill out the card and drop in the basket.
If you need to get in touch with the trustees please contact the City & Village Tax office at 314 739 4800.
Please have patients with us!