St. Charles Hills subdivision, St. Charles, MO
Disposal of Leaves and Gumballs
Here is an important document on Yard Waste Disposal
from the St. Charles County Soil and Water Conservation District.
Unfortunately, if you have trees in your yard, there isn't really any way around
having to do some work or pay someone to get rid of fallen leaves (and gumballs if you have a sweetgum tree).
- You need to rake or vacuum them up
- If you don't they will make your lawn and our neighborhood look bad
- You need to dispose of them properly
- You cannot put them in the subdivision common areas (or ditches)!
- You cannot put them down the storm sewers!
- You cannot burn them!
- If you put them around the base of your trees you are only delaying the disposal problem.
- (Don't kid yourself - leaves and gumballs are not "mulch"!)
- You simply need to put them in "yard waste" bags and call your waste disposal company to pick them up
- ... or you need to contact someone who will do this for you
Copyright © St. Charles Hills subdivision