St. Charles Hills subdivision, St. Charles, MO
Disposal of Leaves
Here is an important document on Yard Waste Disposal
from the St. Charles County Soil and Water Conservation District.
Well, it's that time of year. The leaves have mostly fallen but it is not so cold that
you can't get outside once in a while. It's leaf cleanup time.
Unfortunately, if you have large trees in your yard, there isn't really any way around
having to do some work to get rid of them, short of making the kids do it.
(Yeah, right!) And then you still need to dispose of them.
- They need to be removed
- If you don't they will make your lawn and our neighborhood look bad all winter and next spring
- They need to be disposed of
- You cannot put them in the subdivision common areas (or ditches)!
- You cannot put them down the storm sewers!
- You cannot burn them! The Missouri Department of Natural Resources specifically prohibits the burning of leaves. See the Central County Fire and Rescue Fire Protection District about "burn permits".
- If you put them around the base of your trees you are only delaying the disposal problem.
- You simply need to put them in "yard waste" bags and call your waste disposal company to pick them up
Copyright © St. Charles Hills subdivision